Friday, January 10, 2014

Transform your environment...in a Fashion sense

This post came to me as a slap in my own face!  When I first started my job at my current retail establishment I stayed dressed to impress, heels and all but somewhere along the lines I felt I was doing too much for said place, said environment.

With the work that I do and the hours I work wearing heels, jewelry, and putting extreme effort into formulating an outfit seemed pointless.  No one notices all the work I put into looking that great, I need to be in an environment where I will get noticed for being so fashionable and will get asked a million questions about my look, I am a stylist so I need to be noticed!  

So this is what my work attire has looked like for the past couple of years...




Now these pictures are recent but the looks are pretty much along the same lines over the past couple of years.  I've tried to remain comfortable wearing flats all the time, and understated with the same basic jewelry everyday, hardly any makeup, so not 100% me.

As a self making fashion entrepreneur I can't let my environment control me, I have to control my environment!  Any of you ladies out there who may feel like getting all jazzed up isn't required for what you do, I'm here to tell you that's a lie...if wearing heels and skinny jeans with a basic tee and a popping blazer...lined eyes with mascara and a bold lip...a link chain and a bauble ring is what you desire to run errands with your kids, do so!  Never lose who you are for anyone or any environment you may be placed in, make them adjust!

So, I'm starting to get back into my groove and not just saving my full on looks for my days off, because I should never have days off!  This was my outfit of the day yesterday...


Starting off slow...don't want to put them into shock!

                            πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹ Tia Danielle 





No comments:

Post a Comment